Sunday 13 March 2016

My First Kiko Cosmetics Haul!

Hi guys!

I hope you're all well?

I was recently 'blog stalking' Lulu over at A Mumma's Time Out (if you haven't checked her out, please do! I was lucky enough to meet her at a Lush event last year and she's so lovely) when I came across her Kiko haul. Needless to say, as a complete Kiko novice, I was intrigued!

I spent an hour or two that evening browsing the Kiko website (whilst also catching up on a bit of PLL #priorities) and before I knew it, I had a long list of things I was lusting after. However, as I'd not tried the brand before, I decided I wouldn't place an online order just in case the shades I had picked weren't true to life etc.. (how sensible of me for a change). So, I tracked down my nearest store and took a trip there after work one evening instead (ah - not so sensible).





I thought I'd show you what bits took my fancy. Here goes! 



The first thing I had on my wishlist was the Liquid Skin Second Skin Foundation. Although foundation isn't something I wear a lot of, I do like wearing a good one on night's out or on special occasions. This one had a lot of good reviews and I'm not going to lie, the packaging really drew me to the product. This foundation comes with a dropper for dispensing the product and has built in SPF which is always a good thing in my eyes!


Located next to all of the foundations was the second item on my 'to buy' list, the Dark Circle Concealer. Dark circles are something I, unfortunately struggle with. Whilst I do enjoy a full coverage concealer, I sometimes find them to be quite cakey (not cute). I was surprised by how thin the texture of this concealer was when I tested it on the back of my hand. So, in my basket it went!


Keeping in theme with face products, I then went on to pick up the Colour Veil Blush (01 Pink). This is a really pretty baked blush which is a lovely pearly pink shade. I've been wanting to try a less matte blush for a while now and since you can build this blush up to a level you're comfortable with, this seemed like a good choice to go with - I'll be looking like a shimmery Edward Cullen in no time!


I actually picked up the Luxurious Lashes Extra Volume Mascara for my Mum but decided to include it in this haul anyway. My Mum is a big fan of large mascara wands and when I checked this one out, large was definitely what it was! This mascara is supposed to stay extra black and voluminous for up to 16 hours!




The final make-up item I picked up was the Color Fever Eyeshadow Palette (100). Again, I don't tend to wear many eyeshadows but I'm starting to dabble around with them a bit more lately (especially on night's out). As I have brown eyes, I tend to enjoy using purples, gold's and nude shades so this palette caught my eye immediately. It's filled with some beautiful shimmery shades (a champaign gold, a shimmery brown, a pearly white and a deep plum). These colours are all really build-able. 


I've recently been wanting to start using a face serum so I had a quick nosey around in the skincare section of Kiko. I noticed that the Nutri Fusion Firmness Enhancing Serum had 50% off so naturally I had to pop it in my basket. 

I also picked up the Blooming Glow Revitalizing Serum as it sounded really good on the website. It has lots of little beads inside of the product which blend into the skin when applied.



My hands have been super dry lately due to a combination of working with paperwork all day and it being super cold out (love you, UK). I'm really excited to have a little pamper session with these Intensive Hand Gloves (they also have one's for your feet too). 

Last but not least, I couldn't help by pick up this adorable Heart To Heart Eau De Parfum Set. They both smelt absolutely amazing in the shop. Sweet Love is packed with; apple, blackcurrent, jasmine, freesia, vanilla and patchouli and Deep Love has notes of; cherry, bergamot, jasmine, frangipani and tonka bean. 

So that was what I picked up on my first trip to Kiko. I can't wait to start using all of these bits and let you know what I think of them. If you're thinking of popping into a Kiko store, make sure you download their app so that you can get 10% off of your first purchase (and collect points for future one's). 

Let me know in the comments if you've used any Kiko products before and if not, are there any pieces that took fancy?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say!