Sunday 24 April 2016

Getting My First Tattoo!

Hi guys!

I hope you're all well?

As some of you may have seen on my Twitter or Instagram, last month I got my very first tattoo! I've always loved tattoos and have wanted one for the longest time. However, I'm extremely indecisive and get bored of ideas very quickly (bad habit, soz). I knew that if I ever got one it would have to have some sort of special meaning so that I wouldn't regret having it done shortly after. 

After a few events which have happened in my life as of late, I finally had that 'YES x1000' moment where I automatically knew that this tattoo was the one that was going to stick! I took the plunge after a little pep talk from my lovely Twitter pal Stephanie and visited my local tattoo/piercing shop to discuss my possible design/booking!


Blackline Tattoo Brixton has been around for a few years now and is always super clean/hygienic whenever I go. I've had a few piercings done there before and have been with friends to get theirs done too. I also follow a few of the artists on Instagram so I knew I'd be in good hands with them. I luckily managed to get a booking the day after popping in which is great news for me as I'm the type of person who needs scary things to be over with as soon as they come about otherwise I dwell/freak myself out.

After some useful advice from my cousin, Dean (who is tattoo obsessed), I headed down the next day with my sugary drink in hand and met Ypso (my tattoo artist) who talked me through the process/eased my slight nerves. We went over the design and confirmed that I was 100% happy with the placement of it etc.. which I was. After getting comfortable, he powered up the 'ink' and got started! 



Honestly, the noise of the machine did freak me out to start off with (a bit like a dentist drill but louder and slightly more intimidating) but I wasn't about to back out at this point. Luckily for me, I picked a small enough tattoo so that I could get used to the pain (like a hot cat scratch - I'd say) but not enough for it to be unbearable (this obviously depends on which part of your body you're getting inked). It was over within 10 mins or so and I was chuffed with the results and shocked at how 'not scary' the process actually was! I handed over £70 for my tattoo which I know is a lot but I was happy to pay a bit more knowing I was in good hands (and let's face it.. I'm gonna have this ink for the rest of my life, so...). 

The actual design is pretty simple - It's the Roman numerals of my beloved late Father's birthday. I really like how small and delicate it looks on my wrist and I really do love it! It took about a week to heal and I had no problems with it whatsoever. I used a mixture of Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream and Tattoo Goo Aftercare to keep the tattoo/skin moisturised. These both worked a treat!



Overall, I'm very happy with my 'first tattoo' experience and I'm already obsessing over which one I want next (yes, they are as addictive as everyone claims)!

Let me know if you have any tattoos/want any in the future!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say!