Saturday 30 April 2016

Review: Elvive Extraordinary Clay Shampoo & Conditioner!

Hi guys!

I hope you're all well?

Now - I'd probably say that the majority of my monthly wages are spent on takeaways/some form of food... and when I'm not wasting money on fattening up my future, I'm splurging on hair care products instead.

I colour my hair monthly using home dye kits so I like to make sure my hair is as healthy as possible due to the strain I put on it. I'm constantly on the hunt for new shampoos, conditioners, hair masques/oils - you name it!

I was recently having a browse on the Boots website and came across the L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay shampoo and conditioner (3 for 2) and thought I'd pick them up as they sounded pretty promising. Here's how I got on!



I was originally drawn to these products because they were aimed at those with 'oily roots and dry ends' (helloo, perfect description of my hair type). The products aim to try and reduce this problem all the while meaning you don't have to wash your hair so much (sounds mucky but washing the natural oils out of your hair every other day = bad). This was also great for me as I like to try and maintain my colour for as long as possible and quite frankly, blow drying my hair is the bane of my life.

The products contain three different types of clay which make the range that bit different. They both contain; Blue clay to hydrate the ends, White clay to purify the roots and Green clay to re-vitalise! The products are also silicone free which I was told was always a good thing by my previous hairdresser. 

So, did the products actually do as they claimed on the bottle? Hell yes!



I am super stoked to say that so far, these products have actually worked! I can now get away with an extra day of non hair washing (albeit, I do need a tiny bit of dry shampoo on the final day but not much at all) which I'm so pleased about!

My hair looks and feels healthy after using the products and I even have a little shine to my hair which I haven't seen for a good while now (cos let's face it, I don't have the blow drying tekkers that my Rush hairdresser has). 



The products have that typical 'salon' scent to them which is lovely and clean smelling and both products are really manageable to use (not too thick or watery in consistency etc..).

Overall, I'm SO pleased with these products and I'm definitely going to be checking out the other products in this range (a pre shampoo masque and a dry shampoo). I couldn't recommend them enough and for £3.99 a bottle (400ml), I'd say they were a right bargain! I haven't been this excited over a haircare range in a long time!



Have you tried any of the Extraordinary Clay range? If so, what are your thoughts? Let me know!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say!